Health & Safety
Majestic Resorts has always delivered exceptional quality as a top priority, and we have elevated our protocols and cleanliness standards to include additional health and safety measures for our Majestic community to enjoy a comfortable, yet safe, vacation.
The Majestic Mission™ includes enhanced protocols to further elevate our standards of quality and cleanliness, backed by third-party certification and guidance from World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), and local ministries of health.
As the world changes month by month, we stand ready to quickly evolve our procedures continuously and will share the newest developments as they are implemented in Mexico and in the Dominican Republic.
Let’s plan to vacation again with the reassurance of The Majestic Mission™.
Our Key Preventative Health & Safety Measures
We have introduced advanced hygiene and health practices, based on the latest recommendations of the most renowned international health organizations and up-to-date requirements of local governments in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Throughout their stay, Majestic guests will find precautionary measures at key touch points:
- Welcome Back: Reception Area
- Take Comfort in Your Room
- Thoroughness Throughout our Resorts
- Dine at a Distance
- Take a Sip in Security
- Precaution at our Pools & Beach Areas
- Considering Care for Children: Kids’ Club
- Strengthened Measures in our Fitness Center
- Purely Protected Spa Experience
- Breathe in Clean Air: Filter Cleaning
- Minimal Contact Check-In
- Safety in Our Majestic Service
Creditable criteria for the best possible, yet safe, vacation
Backed by Cristal International Standards® and HS Consulting Health & Safety (DR), some of the industry’s highest-level certifications, we’ve verified the best-of-class protocols for quality health and safety.
We've also achieved the Safe Travels stamp, approved by the World Travel & Tourism Council, that recognizes safe travel protocols globally.
Welcome Back: Reception Areas
Upon your arrival to Majestic, you can feel safe and protected thanks to our precautionary measures at key touch points. Please bear in mind that certain elements can vary depending on the most up-to-date requirements in Mexico and in the Dominican Republic:
- You will be greeted by our Majestic staff at a distance of 6 feet (2 m) (Mexico only)
- For all enclosed, indoor lobby areas, staff located at the welcome area will be using masks for an extra layer of protection as we welcome you to our resorts (Dominican Republic only)
- In the Dominican Republic and in Mexico, guests can enjoy the resort with or without a mask.
- Temperature check upon arrival for each guest (Mexico only)
- All luggage will be cleaned and disinfected by our staff in a designated area prior to being delivered to your room
- On the ramp through which luggage travels, doormats with a solution of water and bleach will be placed to ensure the disinfection of the wheels of the luggage
- Our lobby, especially high touch surface areas, will be disinfected frequently with hospital grade disinfectant
Take Comfort in Your Room
- Disinfection of the guest room prior to entry with professional vaporized disinfectant products using trained exclusive teams for disinfection and cleaning
- Cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant of all surfaces in the room including:
- TV and telephone
- Packaged TV remote control will be provided at each guest upon arrival
- Light switches
- Doors, handles, aluminum joinery, and lugs
- Closets including accessories and safety deposit boxes
- Outdoor chairs and accessories
- Bathroom countertop, mirrors, sink, and towel fixtures
- Shower, bathtub (in applicable room categories), and toilets
- Cleaning of the air conditioning filter will be completed before entry of the next guest(s)
- Daily change of bed linens or guest(s) may decide not to have the room cleaned until their departure
- Restricted staff access at the request of the guest(s)
Thoroughness Throughout Our Resorts
- Staff located in enclosed, indoor areas will be using face masks for extra protection. (Dominican Republic only)
- Hand sanitizing gel will be readily available in all common areas using automatic dispensers
- High touch surface areas, will be disinfected frequently with hospital grade disinfectant
- Separation of more than 6 feet (2 m) of chairs and tables in common areas
- Continuous cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant of chairs and tables
- Constant cleaning with hospital grade disinfectant in public restrooms and changing rooms
- Disinfection of all furniture with steam at more than 190ºF (90ºC) routinely throughout the day
- Decorative water fountains controlled with 2 ppm chlorine
- Encouragement of the use of stairs for movement up or down and separation of more than 6 feet (2 m) in corridors (Dominican Republic only)
- Constant disinfection of elevators with hospital grade disinfectant
- Recommendation of 1-2 people within the same travel group at a time per elevator (Dominican Republic only)
Dine at a Distance
- Staff located in enclosed, indoor restaurants and kitchen areas, including chefs, servers, and hostesses, will be using face masks for extra protection. (Dominican Republic only)
- Separation of more than 6 feet (2 m) of chairs and tables in all restaurants
- Continuous cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant after each use of chairs and tables
- Changing of all tablecloths after each use
- Disinfection of all the furniture with steam at more than 190ºF (90ºC) routinely throughout the evening
- Visual only menu at the entrance of the restaurant or QR codes for viewing the menu on your phone
- In the Dominican Republic and in Mexico, guests can enjoy our restaurants with or without a mask.
- Sanitized place setting(s) at each table
Take a Sip in Security
- Staff will use face masks in all enclosed, indoor bars. (Dominican Republic only)
- Limitation of capacity in all bars
- Separation of more than 6 feet (2 m) of chairs and tables in all bars
- Continuous cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant after each use of chairs and tables
- Disinfection of all furniture using hospital grade disinfectant periodically
Precaution at our Pools & Beach Areas
- Hand sanitizing gel available in pool and beach areas for guests
- Separation of more than 6 feet (2 m) of hammocks, cabanas, chairs and tables
- Daily spraying of furniture with hospital grade disinfectant
- Continuous cleaning of used furniture with hospital grade disinfectant
- Pool chlorine will be maintained at a minimum of 2 ppm controlled every two hours
- Supervision of compliance with the protocols in the pool areas
- Pool towels available upon request
Considering Care for Children: Kids Club
- Staff located in the kids’ club will be using facial shield and mask for extra protection around children (Dominican Republic only)
- Personal kit provided to each child upon arrival to the kids’ club including hand sanitizing gel
- Regular washing of hands with children will be completed throughout the day
- Temperature check for staff and children 2 times a day (Mexico only)
- Cleaning and disinfection of the entire kids’ club with hospital grade disinfectant will be completed regularly
- Daily disinfection of all games and materials in the kids’ club with hospital grade disinfectant
- Kid’s pool chlorine will be maintained at a minimum of 2 ppm controlled every two hours
- Limitation of capacity in the kids’ club
- Zerotech-hightech games will be available that encourage keeping distance amongst children
- Various outdoor activities in spacious areas for children
Strengthened Measures in Our Fitness Center
- Staff located in the fitness center will be using facial shield, mask, and hat for extra protection (Dominican Republic only)
- Daily cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant of all gym equipment and the facility daily
- Cleaning and disinfection of each machine after use prior to another guest’s use
- Minimum distance of 6 feet (2 m) between guests in the fitness center
- Limitation of capacity in the fitness center
- Disposable cleaning towels and blotting paper available for use after each use of the machines
- Availability of outdoor exercise including aerobics, spinning, and more
- Temperature check of the guest prior to entering the fitness center (Mexico only)
Purely Protected Spa Experience
- Staff located in the spa will be using facial shield, mask, and hat for extra protection (Dominican Republic only)
- Daily cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant of spa facility
- Cleaning and disinfection of the treatment room with hospital grade disinfectant after each session
- Pools, tubs and fountains in the spa controlled with 2 ppm chlorine
- Limited capacity allowed in the spa’s waiting room and relaxation area
- Single-use robes for select spa services
- Use of disposable materials for each massage session
- Temperature check of the guest and spa personnel before each treatment (Mexico only)
Breathe in Clean Air: Filter Cleaning
- Air renewal and filtration system providing a clean air environment
- Filter cleaning completed regularly
- Cleaning of the air conditioning filter in guest rooms before entry of another guest
Minimal Contact Check-In
- Pre-Check-In online before your arrival by visiting our website for your convenience and safety. When you arrive at the hotel, all you must do is go to the front desk to present a legal and up-to-date identification document per guest and collect the room keys.
Safety in Our Majestic Service: Safety Measures for Our Staff
- Continuous training with our staff on procedures against COVID-19
- Daily temperature check for our staff upon arrival (Mexico only)
- Shoe disinfection and daily uniform cleaning upon arrival
- Staff locker room with controlled and limited capacity
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of work equipment with hospital grade disinfectant
- Protection with single-use material for spa personnel
- Support health service available for staff
- Testing provided for staff with symptoms or suspected contact with COVID-19
Questions? We're here to help.
In Mexico: Use of masks is optional for all of our staff, except for spaces where personal distancing is not possible (staff buses, boardrooms, etc.)
In Dominican Republic: Majestic staff and suppliers are required to wear masks in enclosed, indoor areas. Staff in outdoor and open-air areas can choose whether or not they would prefer to use a mask.
Please keep in mind that mask usage is subject to change based on local government regulations.
Throughout all of our properties, guests can enjoy all areas of the resort with or without a mask.
Butler service is still included in The Club sections. The Club services will remain the same, but butlers will be required to keep a safe distance of 6 ft (2 m) and all services will be performed under the new guidelines and protocols.
Yes, the casino will be open as soon as the resort re-opens. We will have hand sanitizer at the entrance and distributed in the area. Staff will be cleaning and sanitizing machines after each guest’s use.
Coco's Nightclub is temporarily unavailable due to renovations.
Yes, a variety of entertainment, including nighttime activities and other open space activities, will be available.
Yes, water activities will be available in pool and beach areas operating under the protocol of maintaining a safe distance. Water equipment such as kayaks and other equipment at the watersports center will be sanitized by staff after each guest’s use
Yes, swim-up bars will be open for guests.
Pool furniture will be spaced at a minimum of 6 ft (2 m). Staff will be assigned to the pool areas that are dedicated to assisting in maintaining social distancing guidelines.
Yes! Each of our resorts now hosts foam parties in the pool.
A maximum of 8 guests per table is allowed. If your group is larger than 8 people, please let us know in advance. We will work to make the best possible accommodations that adhere to the new standards.
Reservations are required at select restaurants depending on the resort. Restaurant reservations may be made through the guest services desk or through your butler if you are staying in The Club section.
Reservations for select restaurants will allow us to manage the availability for dinner reservations to not inconvenience our guests.
There is no time window for guests to eat at each restaurant. Guests can have their meals within the time window they need.
Yes, Hibachi display cooking will be available with plated service.
Yes, sushi buffets are available.
Majestic Resorts is certified by Cristal International Standards and Safe Steps Ecolab / HS Consulting (DR). Additionally, Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres has successfully applied for the Safe Travel Stamp approved by WTTC.
Yes, new positions will be hired to lead in monitoring and implementing protocols around COVID-19 at Majestic Resorts.
No reduced capacity of guests will be required at our resorts. By introducing new standards and protocols, we will maintain a safe distance between all guests that wish to enjoy the Majestic way of life.
The resorts will re-open with the normal operation of most areas of the resort. Select restaurants or bars may be available on rotation throughout the week.
Yes, guests are permitted to leave the resort for scheduled excursions. For your safety, we recommend scheduling excursions with an official Destination Management Company (DMC) located in our lobby areas.
Guests will be advised to exercise caution outside of the resort and to follow preventative measures coordinated with their tour or transfer representative
Yes, private check-in for groups will be offered based on the ability to accommodate 6 ft (2 m) between participants. Please check with your group or wedding coordinator for details based on your destination and group size.
The capacity of the wedding venue depends on the area of the venue. For every 6 ft (2 m) one person or group of family or friends will be allowed. Please check with your group or wedding coordinator for details based on your selected venue.
No, the wedding couple and their wedding guests will not be required to wear masks during the ceremony. Seating will be set up to follow social distancing guidelines for wedding guests.
Wedding vendors must comply with all protocols of Majestic Resorts prior to being approved to enter the resort for the event. This should be verified with your group or wedding coordinator a minimum of 60 days before your event.
Assisted buffets will be available for wedding receptions.
The convention center will be open based on the consideration of the ability to maintain safety protocols.
No, guests are free to enjoy meetings and events with or without a mask.